The panels of The Bible Timeline are broken into five sections, each covering a different part of the world. The emphasis is, of course, on biblical events, with simultaneous events noted in Mesopotamia, Egypt, the Mediterranean, and the World. In this way, the reader can clearly see what was occurring in other places at the same time as a particular biblical incident. A final section shows the period covered by each book of the Bible.
With short descriptions of each occurrence, Bible citations, and related illustrations, photographs, and maps, The Bible Timeline is one of the best available reference tools for the Bible student.
• 16-panel chronology of biblical history, with Bible verse citing every event
• Corresponding events of world history place the Bible in a new context
• Detailed—season-by-season and day-by-day—treatment of Jesus' life and ministry
• A books of the Bible category shows the period covered by each book
• Illustrated with classic works of art and colour photographs of fascinating artefacts
• Compiled and written by a well-known biblical scholar
About the Author
Thomas L. Robinson is a biblical scholar, writer, and editor. After receiving a Master of Divinity from Princeton Theological Seminary and a Ph.D. from Harvard University, he taught at Union Theological Seminary at Columbia University for eight years. He has been a writer, contributor, and editorial consultant on numerous books, including ABC's of the Bible, The Mysteries of the Bible, Jesus and His Times, and After Jesus. He has been a consultant for videos and a television miniseries. Robinson lives in Leonia, New Jersey.